[Tutor] httpd in your laptop?!? serve web pages and wikis in your notebook?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 2 18:24:29 CET 2007

"Luke Paireepinart" <rabidpoobear at gmail.com> wrote

>> forth ... while very good for small programs
>> to imbed into controller cpu's to bury inside some machine,

It's a relatively little known fact that Sun use Forth as the
monitor/bootloader  in their servers. When you do a shutdown
on a Sun box it takes you into a Forth interpreter!

>> different that rank beginners learn it faster than experienced
>> hands
>> do. it's just so damn odd.

Yep, it's one of the few languages that I just gave up on,
the pain wasn't worth the gain. I wound up moving to Tcl;
and Tcl isn't exactly mainstream! But it was a lot more
conventional than Forth. The only language I've used that
was equally different was Prolog.

Alan G.