[Tutor] howto call DOM with python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 3 02:57:38 CET 2007

"Ismael Farfán Estrada" <sulfurfff at hotmail.com> wrote

> By any chance is this your tutorial?
> http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld

Yes that's it.

> I entered there but the parts "Writing web clients" and "Writing
> Web Applications" are dissabled

I'm writing them at the moment. :-)

But the early two sections of the tutorial teach the basics
of JavaScript, comparing it to Python.

> Maybe you can send the direct ling to how to use that jython
> applet,

There is a Jython community out there who can do that better
than me, but basically you just write an applet in Jython then
link to it from your web page. The browser will download it
and run it in the JVM. The biggest challenge is passing data
between the web page (DOM) and the applet - that is where
JavaScript scores.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld