[Tutor] basic plotting questions (pyplot vs matplotlib, etc)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 5 01:29:03 CET 2007

"Che M" <pine508 at hotmail.com> wrote

> 1) Of pyplot or matplotlib, which might you recommend?

Sorry, no real experience of either.

> 2) What does "DC" mean?  As in wxDC?

I'm guessing, but based on my previous experience of
other GUIs, it will be a Device Context. A DC is a concept which
tries to abstract the hardware used for graphics so that you
can create the same graphic and display it on a screen or on
a printer with minimal change. You just pass in the appropriate
DC to the graphics functions. This is good for WYSIWYG type
work, but can mean that "simple" priniting (eg text) is much more
difficult than would normally be the case!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site