[Tutor] Printing labels

Steve Maguire steve at maguire-family.net
Wed Mar 7 16:33:42 CET 2007

I am a Python beginner.  For my first task I wanted to fix a program that I
originally wrote in Excel with VBA.  I want to create a mySQL database
holding my DVD collection, edit it in Python, and print labels for the cases
with an index for filing and a catalog of all the titles their indices.

To print the labels the way I want, I will need extended control over the
printer:  positioning the printer precisely and changing fonts, colors, and
background colors.  Is there a public python library that could give me this
level of control?

Thanks
Steve