[Tutor] Aaagh! Stack arrays!?! calc average

John Fouhy john at fouhy.net
Wed May 2 01:14:02 CEST 2007

On 02/05/07, John Washakie <washakie at gmail.com> wrote:
> It aint pretty! And if I had just walked away, it probably would've
> taken half the time in the morning, but here's what I've come up with
> (any suggestions for improvements, or course are welcome):

I'm still not sure exactly what you want to achieve...

You're starting with a list of lists of integers, correct?  Are the
interior lists all the same length?

Do you want to produce a new list which contains the average of all
the sublists?  In this case, you can do that using the sum() and len()
functions -- check Ben's reply.  A list comprehension would work well
here (see the tutorial on python.org for information on list
comprehensions).

Is there anything else you want to do?

--
John.