[Tutor] What's wrong with this?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat May 5 04:00:28 CEST 2007

"Jason Coggins" <jcoggins828 at charter.net> wrote

> I have the following function in a program:
>
> os.popen('filename.py')

So what happened?
Did you get an error message? If so what?

> What I want to do is launch the program in the os.popen() function.

Do you want to lasunch it or interact with it.
If its only launch then os.system might be easier.

> The file I am trying to launch is located in the same directory
> as the program the function is contained in.

That may not be the same directory you start the program from.
Its always safer to use (or build) the full path.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site