[Tutor] problems with running IDLE under Windows 95

Alexander Kapshuk akap at isd.dp.ua
Thu May 10 08:40:48 CEST 2007

Hello to All of the Python Community,

I'd like to thank all those who replied to my last email about Python
not installing under Windows 95.

That problem's been overcome.

Although, after installing Python 2.5.1 I ran into another difficulty.
IDLE wouldn't start.

Another thing I did was uninstall Python 2.5.1 and install Python 2.2.3
to see if it would make any difference. It didn't. I'd click on the IDLE
icon, the hourglass thing would come up for a few seconds and then it
would disappear.

What could the problem be there?

Thanking you in advance and looking forward to hearing from those of you
who may have an answer.

Regards,

Alexander Kapshuk

ISD Education Office