[Tutor] Web GUI for a network management tool

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri May 11 12:27:26 CEST 2007

Thanos Panousis wrote:
> I 'm going to need some hardcore graphing functionalities. And for
> that reason alone, I think jfreechart is the only thing that provides
> free and decent solution, also designed with the web in mind.

jfreechart is a Java library so it will not integrate easily into a
Python web framework.

Did you look at matplotlib? It is a very capable graphing library. You
can see examples of its output here:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

> So everybody seems to prefer some framework even for not complicated
> (business) logic. I 'll try to go for something lightweight.

web.py is pretty light, I think:
http://webpy.org/

Kent