[Tutor] Why don't I see anything when I run this program?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat May 12 09:33:06 CEST 2007

"Bob Gailer" <bgailer at alum.rpi.edu> wrote

>>  print “Welcome to the Area calculation program”
>
> I guess you used a word processor to write the program,

And in case you missed Bob's point - don't do that!
Use a text editor like Notepad, or better still IDLE
or Pythonwin or any other editor designed to work
with Python. But it must save the files as plain text.

> Therefore: it is better to run the program by calling
> python explicitly. Open a command prompt and
> enter (for example):....

Or alternatively use an IDE like IDLE or Pythonwin
to execute the program while you are testing it since
they will stay open after an error. Once it works in
IDLE you can run it by double clicking as usual.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site