[Tutor] Adding a (Python) Command Button in Maya

Michiel Duvekot Michiel.Duvekot at autodesk.com
Mon May 14 15:56:18 CEST 2007

Not quite. The site you're referring to is a different project. You
should refer to the Maya manuals for information on how to create menu
items in Python. If you have questions about Maya and Python, a good
place to ask is the Maya forum on the Area
http://discussion.autodesk.com/adskcsp/forum.jspa?forumID=201 (free
registration) or Ask Autodesk at
http://forums.alias.com/WebX?14@@.3bb21e03 (requires Subscription)

To create a button on the shelf, you would MMB-drag a command from the
ScriptEditor's Python tab to the shelf. Here is an example that will
make a button that will open the help docs for the button command.

import maya.cmds as cmds
cmds.help ('button',doc=True)

--
Michiel