[Tutor] version and path

Tom Tucker tktucker at gmail.com
Tue May 15 04:23:12 CEST 2007

If you let the command finish, you should have seen the following or
something equivalent below.  Running the find command I sent you
works, however you will see some noise (Permission Denied message).
These are common messages because your general user account is trying
to access restricted parts of the filesystem.  This is normal
behavior.

Here are some example files on my Mac system.

/usr/bin/python
/usr/bin/python2.3
/usr/bin/pythonw
/usr/bin/pythonw2.3
/usr/lib/python2.3

I'm assuming you are running a stock version of OS X and you have NOT
installed Python manually.  The typical Python path on my version OS X
(11.4) is /usr/bin/python. /usr/bin/python is a link to the actual
Python binary installed at /usr/bin/python2.3

For example...

>which python
/usr/bin/python

>ls -l /usr/bin/python
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  9 Jan 17  2006 /usr/bin/python -> python2.3

Does this help?