[Tutor] Help with setting path

sith . sith618 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 19:31:42 CET 2007

hi,
I'm a beginner.  Can someone help me with the installation?  I've read several tutorials, possess a couple of books, and have followed the instructions, but I stil face a problem. None of the online tutorials address this issue in depth maybe because it could be too simple. I'm having problems setting my path and having the python interpreter recognize my modules in my python folders.  My python path browser is showing that the main python directory is listed, along with my subdirectories like lib, and work.  I've set python PATH in windows too.  However, when I try to run the program, which is stored in pthon25/work using IDLE, I get a traceback error.  I can run the program in dos though and it also seems to work when I open the file using the menu, and then select the run button in pythonwin.   I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me with a proper setup of path.  Thanks.
http://mail.yahoo.com