[Tutor] New Introductory Book

Alex Ezell aezell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 00:22:23 CET 2007

On 11/6/07, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
> Michael H. Goldwasser wrote:
> >    We are pleased to announce the release of a new Python book.
>
> Why is this book $102?

Supply and demand aside, I suspect the market for this, based on both
the publisher and the author's employment, is mostly
educational/collegiate. Therefore, this book is likely to be assigned
as a textbook and can command a premium price from buyers who have
little to no choice but to buy it. Additionally, it may not be
marketed on the wider bookstore shelves, so must make the most of the
market which it does reach.

That's all conjecture. What I do know is fact is that I can't afford it.

/alex