[Tutor] Bitmap editor and File-saving

Johnston Jiaa oclbdk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:20:07 CET 2007

Hello, I already asked this on python-list, but would like to improve
the odds of having my question answered, so I am asking it here too.
I apologize if this bothers anyone.

I am using Tkinter to create a program in which the user can draw a
simple bitmap image.  What library would be best to use in this
circumstance?  I have no idea how I would go about doing this except
maybe I would use Tkinter's canvas component?

In order for the program to be useful, it should save the picture
too.  I'd like for it to save the image with some strings of text.
How can I implement such a file-saving feature?  Would pickling
work?  I have no idea how to accomplish this task efficiently.

Thanks in advance,
Johnston