[Tutor] Problem with default arguments for function

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 12 10:19:14 CET 2007

"Dick Moores" <rdm at rcblue.com> wrote

>>Another typical strategy is to use some prescribed special value for
>>the precision parameter to designate the desire for full precision.
> Beautiful! Thanks!

It seems I misunderstood your question.

I thought you were referring to the general problem of having
two (or more) default value parameters and wanting to refer to
either without using names or having to use all 3 values. Thats
when a wrapper is required. The solution above is better
where you are only using one parameter to control another.

Just to clarify things. The wrapper solution is not nice for
this problem but the only one I know of for the "any 2 from 3"
scenario.

Alan G.