[Tutor] issues with pyglet and OS X Leopard

somas1 somas1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:59:21 CET 2007

I've recently upgraded to  OS X 10.5 and have really appreciated the
perks of having Python 2.5 being part of the standard install as well
as easy_install, wxpython and others.   I've been trying to experiment
with pyglet from http://www.pyglet.org and have been having some
surprising difficulties.

I've downloaded http://pyglet.googlecode.com/files/pyglet-1.0beta1.dmg
and installed the .mpkg. When I try to import pyglet, I get an error
message stating that there is no module named pyglet.

I've tried to install via easy_install pyglet-1.0beta1-py2.5.egg and I
get a message stating "Installed /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/
pyglet-1.0beta1-py2.5.egg", however, when I try to import pyglet I get
an error message stating there is no module named pyglet.

It looks like all of the default python modules are installed under /
System/Library/Frameworks/Python Framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
python2.5.  Is this where I need to install pyglet?  If so why did the
dmg and he egg I dl'ed from pyglet.org not install to the right place?
I've never had this problem running OS X panther or tiger.

Any help will be appreciated.

John