[Tutor] Web programming

Dinesh B Vadhia dineshbvadhia at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 17 18:14:10 CET 2007

Hi!  I want to create (for testing purposes) a straightforward web application consisting of a client that makes simple queries to a backend which returns data from a database (initially pysqlite3).  That's it - really!   I don't need a professional web server (eg. Apache) per se.

Are the Python urlparse, urllib, urllib2, httplib, BaseHTTPServer, SimpleHTTPServer etc. modules sufficient for the task.  The number of queries per second will initially be low, in the 10's/second.

Dinesh