[Tutor] Windows - Linux based open() file handle mode

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 23:40:29 CET 2007

Dear group,

I want to parse an file generated for windows.
My code works beautifully when I try to parse the same
file generated in Linux.

I uses the following options with no success:

blast_out = open('C:\human\prb_blast.out','r')

blast_out = open('C:\human\prb_blast.out','rU')

blast_out = open('C:\human\prb_blast.out','U')

Are there any other ways to solve this problem.

Since the question is more of biopython question I
posted detailed question on biopython forum. apologies
for any inconvenience.

thanks
srini