[Tutor] detecting a change in a iterable object (list, array, etc.)

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Nov 27 10:43:23 CET 2007

Hello,
> If you show us what you have done so far it would be easier to make
> suggestions.
The thing is that I am working a lot with time series data and need to write
criteria based filters for that data.
There's already a start in SciPy Time Series package:
http://www.scipy.org/SciPyPackages/TimeSeries
But it is still in early development.

Your suggestions are exactly what I was looking for. A kick into the right
direction...

I found itertools when writing my code for the last list items:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/34c7398eec5a92cd/68f0aaef68e5ca0e?lnk=raot

I will keep you upodated it when I finshed investigating and incorporating your
tips.

Thanks so far,
Timmie