[Tutor] Python CMS advice wanted

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue Nov 27 17:30:34 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 09:52:26AM -0500, Richard Querin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a site that is currently a static site. While not unmanageable at
> the moment (it's still pretty young), we've been entertaining thoughts of
> converting it to a CMS system. I'm looking for some good suggestions based
> on some simple criteria:
>
> - Python based - I have a rudimentary knowledge of Python and like it, so
> I'd prefer to go this route
> - Simple - Our needs are not very complex, we're really just thinking about
> maintainability and expandability.
> - We want to be able to customize the look and layout of the site to our
> whim.
>
> I'm a complete newbie when it comes to CMS systems so I'm not sure whether
> or not it might be better just to go with something like an install of
> Wordpress instead.
>
> Just looking for some suggestions. The current site btw is
> http://screencasters.heathenx.org

If you are interested in a CMS, take a look at the following:

- Plone:  http://plone.org/

- Silva:  http://infrae.com/products/silva

Both of which are built on Zope: http://zope.org/

And, I do not know anything about this one, but it looks
interesting -- Skeletonz: http://orangoo.com/skeletonz/

You might also find helpful info at: http://www.cmsreview.com/

If you have success with one, please report back here with your
experience, suggestions, etc.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman