[Tutor] Python CMS advice wanted

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:49:35 CET 2007

Whoa!. Lots of very good advice here. Thanks to all.

After reading it all I'm wondering if maybe a templating system like
Cheetah might be the way to go for us. I'll have to do a lot more
reading and exploring. I'd love to learn something like Django but
like it has been said, that's really a framework you'd use to build a
CMS. And this site is really a labour of love and not a business
venture so the time we invest into it at the moment is kind of in
short supply.

While we have less than 50 entries at the moment, adding each one is
still quite a hack. I've written a small wxpython app to take away
some of the pain of it, but it's still prone to corruption and still
too much work.

I think I'll have to watch some demo's to get a feel for how some of
these systems work before going down any specific path, because a lot
of it is still Greek to me.

Again sincere thanks for all the great info, and I'll try to check
back in on this thread once we get going on a solution.

RQ