[Tutor] Indentation Issue and Blind People

james.homme at highmark.com james.homme at highmark.com
Fri Nov 30 19:58:21 CET 2007

Hi,
I am just getting started with Python, as in learning the syntax for basic
statements and how to write functions and all. Here is my question.
Usually, if you are a person who is blind, you run the risk of having
trouble keeping your code indented properly. There are ways to do it, but
they are often time-consuming. Can I get a program that I can use that will
take my Python code as input and make sure it is indented properly? Or,
does Python let you write code, compile it, and indent it later? For anyone
who may be interested, I have created a scheme for my screen reader that
plays piano notes at indentations of two space increments. I made the code
indent that way because four spaces is a lot to have on a braille display.
If four spaces is more acceptable, I could globally replace two spaces with
four.

Thanks.

Jim

james.homme at highmark.com, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead