[Tutor] [tutor] creating image from a given data in wxpython

Ian Witham witham.ian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 05:05:36 CEST 2007

On 10/1/07, Varsha Purohit <varsha.purohit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>     I basically wanna create a bitmap image in python. This will be
> basically in pixels. X and y coordinates will be specified in the program
> and python should create an image by matching the colours. I came across a
> function called wx.ImageFromData which book claims that it creates a
> bitmap image in pixels. But i am not getting proper implementation of this
> function on net...

Hi Varsha,

I have not delved too deeply into WX, but I have made bitmaps from data
using TKinter's canvas.
I found it to be a very slow way to do things (both in programming and in
execution speed) and I ended up using the Python Image Library (PIL)
instead.

If you don't really need the GUI capabilities of WX for this project then
PIL is probably a better tool for the job.

Ian.