[Tutor] Really basic web templating

wormwood_3 wormwood_3 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 05:20:00 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to think of a way to make this happen, but it may not be at all possible:-) I would like to use Python to generate pages on demand for my website. By this I mean, when someone hits www.mysite.com/pagex.html, I want to generate the page pagex.html via a Python script.

I have a script setup that can generate a page from a template file and a file with the body and title of the page in particular I want to generate. Now from this, I need to somehow be able to respond to requests, and then generate the page based on the page requested. I want to do this because my site is on a shared hosting account, so I cannot install a web framework like Django, and the site's pages will be rather simple. At the same time, I would like to use templating, so I do not have repeated identical code between the pages.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Sam