[Tutor] Disable keyboard/mouse input on windows?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Oct 1 09:02:29 CEST 2007

Trey Keown wrote:
> Hey everybody,
> I was wondering, how could I disable all keyboard/mouse input for the
> whole windows system while I have a video playing? So the user can't
> press, for example, the super key [one with windows logo on it], and have
> the windows menu pop up?
> Could this be accomplished somehow through system hooks?

In the final analysis, I imagine you *could* do this by
digging hard enough. But (a) it won't be easy to do it
in a robust way which takes account of all possibilities,
and (b) I think any program which acted in this way (locking
out all others) would be *very* ill-considered.

If you're really set on this, it's probably worth looking
for kiosk-mode / internet cafe setups as they presumably
do things like this, so maybe Googling for those terms
might throw up a solution.

TJG