[Tutor] xml parsing

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 3 08:22:08 CEST 2007

"chinni" <srikanth007m at gmail.com> wrote

> I am working on MAC and my App was based on Xml file.If any updates
> r any
> changes in the xml file my app will load that changes.
> as i am new to python.i want to automate that one.

> .... details snipped

> Here the size is in KB's.Now plz tell me how to write the script in
> python.
> Thanx in Advance to all :)

First learn to program in Python. There are many tutorials to choose
from.
Second design a solution to your problem
Third code it in Python.

Now to start you on the first step, I suggest you go to the Python
web site and download a copy of Python and install it on your
computer.
Then go to the begginners page and work through one of the tutprials.
If you can program in any other language the official tutor is best.
If you have anything you don't understand ask questions here.

The more specific the question the better and it helps if you can
show us what you have tried and what erros you are getting.
Or at the very least explain what you were thinking of trying.

Once you can write basic Python programs we can think about stage 2.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site