[Tutor] Sqrt on a variable

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:19:13 CEST 2007

samir amassine wrote:
> hello,
> i can't seem to use the sqrt function on a variable, do you know how i
> can???
> i want to make the ABC formula
>
> Samir
Samir -
Next time you ask the list a question, please include some information
about what you've already tried and why you think it didn't work, and
if it did work, why it didn't meet your expectations.
We can just give you the answer, but so could google or various other
sources.
If you show us what you've tried, we can glean from that what problem
you're having, and
find a way to explain how to fix it in a way we think you'll understand.
To answer your question,
try typing the following two lines into the interactive interpreter
(Python shell)
 >>> import math
 >>> help(math.sqrt)

The help() function reads the documentation strings from functions so
you can get an explanation
of how to use them.
HTH,
-Luke