[Tutor] String module; Count

Ben Sherman bensherman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 23:02:56 CEST 2007

You can only count one at a time.

count = conversion(n).count("0") + conversion(n).count("1")

count is a string method, so it operates directly on the string - you
don't have to call it like you did.

import string
string.count(mystr, "cheese")

is the same as

mystr.count("cheese")

At least it is in newer versions of python.

Let me know if that helped.

Cheers,
Ben