[Tutor] Looking for suggestions for improving chessTimer.py code

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 27 00:04:59 CEST 2007

"bhaaluu" <bhaaluu at gmail.com> wrote

> I certainly think this is something that Newbies (like myself)
> should learn.
> But without a MS-Windows computer handy, I don't know? Is there a
> place that has this information?

The Module documentation tells you which platforms are supported.
But its more than modules. Some functions within modules work
differently (or not at all!) on different OS platforms.

Anything that is OS specific like sound, video, input/output
handling etc will likely have platform restrictions. However many
of these differences can be avoided by using higher level toolkits
like PyGame, PIL, wxWindows etc. They abstract the interfaces
to a common form and hide the differences internally. But usually
at the cost of some flexibility, power or resource usage(memory/speed)

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site