[Tutor] system call

John washakie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 22:08:38 CEST 2007

I have the exact same situation, but system doesn't seem to wait. Here is my
pseudo code:

for i in attempts:  #attempts holds strings of shellscripts
        cmd="%s which runs many different shell scripts and takes about an
hour" % (i)
        os.system(cmd)
        #debugging
        print "Finished with %s" % (i)
        raw_input("More debugging, shouldn't see this until shell scripts
are finished!")

But it prints the print statement and waits for raw_input instantly... Any
thoughts?

On 10/27/07, Eric Walker <sli1que at yahoo.com> wrote:

> disregard this one. I found the answer. I was using  spawn instead of
> os.system.
>
> Thanks.

Configuration
Plone 2.5.3-final,
CMF-1.6.4,
Zope (Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, linux2),
Five 1.4.1,
Python 2.4.4 (#1, Jul 3 2007, 22:58:17) [GCC 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat
4.1.1-51)],
PIL 1.1.6