[Tutor] system call

Eric Walker sli1que at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 02:42:13 CET 2007

The problem is that I have another tool that has an initialization period when you start it up. I want to see how long it takes for it to start up or initialize. So, I set up the tool to startup and after it finishes the init stage, load up a file which has a custom procedure. Then run this custom procedure that executes an exit command. So, to time the entire init process, I want to use python. I first take a time stamp. Then execute the tool with os.system. Once it finishes, I take another time stamp. Subtract the two and get a general time of execution or init for the other program. What do you think?

python newbie...