[Tutor] game programming python

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 17:38:44 CEST 2007

Greetings,

I recently found a rather obscure book that looks pretty good.
The Reader Level is Beginner to Advanced, so I thought I'd share
it with the list (something for everyone).

Game Programming, The L Line, The Express Line To Learning.
Andy Harris.
Published by Wiley in February 1995.
ISBN: 978-0-470-06822-9

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470068221.html

The above site has downloadable source code,
PowerPoint slides (viewable with Open Office Impress),
as well as excerpts and supplementary materials:
(Appendix D is a tutorial on how to create your own game graphics
and sounds using free software: the Gimp and Audacity).

This book focuses on Game Programming with Python
and the pyGame module.

I found a copy online for about USD$15, so look around. This book seems
to be well written, and it covers a lot of ground. If you're
interested in learning
Python game programming, take a look at this one!

Happy Programming!
--
bhaaluu at gmail dot com