[Tutor] Importing Excel sheet data

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Sep 6 12:38:46 CEST 2007

Ian Witham wrote:
> HI Saradhi,
>
> I too am fairly new to Python, but I use the csv module successfully for
> my work. Could you be a little more specific as to what your
> requirements are and where you are finding difficulty?
>
> Ian.
>
> On 9/6/07, *saradhi dinavahi* <saradhi.dinavahi at gmail.com
> <mailto:saradhi.dinavahi at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     hi Ian ,
>
>     I have read the CSV module. But I felt difficult to write a code for
>     my requirement.

For reading only there is also xlrd:
http://www.lexicon.net/sjmachin/xlrd.htm

The csv module was recently covered here:
http://blog.doughellmann.com/2007/08/pymotw-csv.html

If you are having trouble with the basics you would do well to read one
of the tutorials here or an introductory book:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

BTW we usually bottom post on this list.
http://catb.org/jargon/html/B/bottom-post.html

Kent