[Tutor] Suggested books for Agile Programming & Testing?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Sep 10 03:15:56 CEST 2007

Stephen McInerney wrote:

> Can anyone recommend me the best single must-read book for Agile
> Programming?

Quoting myself from the archives:

I recommend Robert Martin's "Agile Software Development: Principles,
Patterns, and Practices"
http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/bookstore/books/AgileSoftwareDevelopmentPPP

This is the best book I know for learning object-oriented design the way
I do it ;) - a very agile, pragmatic approach. It shows you the
nitty-gritty details of how to create classes as you develop a solution.
Also a good introduction to the agile development style.

Much of the content of the book is available as essays on the
ObjectMentor website: http://w
ww.objectmentor.com/resources/listArticles?key=author&author=Robert%20C.%20Martin

Some of the highlights from my bookshelf:

Martin, Agile Software Development
http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/bookstore/books/AgileSoftwareDevelopmentPPP

Fowler, Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
http://martinfowler.com/books.html#refactoring

Beck, Extreme Programming Explained
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201616416/ref%3Dnosim/armaties/102-7636110-6481700

Kent