[Tutor] automate daily tasks

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 11 19:37:33 CEST 2007

"chinni" <srikanth007m at gmail.com> wrote

> I am working on MAC OS x my project is updating all ready installed
> products.I have to automate this in python.so,can any one will give
> some

sounds fair.

> project is ... i think u all know that there will be a plist file
> for each
> product in mac.

I wouldn't assume too much knowledge of how MacOS works,
despite Apple's recent successes its still very much a
minority OS! I own an iBook and use the Terminal for unix
type stuff but I rarely delve inside the MacOs specifics.

> i have to degrade the version of plist automatically through
> my script and it has to edit the plist file and degrade it to least
> version
> and as to check for updates by itself.like this there are 15
> products under
> this now each time i can't go and degrade the version and save it
> and run
> updates manually..so,that can any one plz..tell me how to start from
> first
> step...

Nope, sorry. You lost me on that one.
Can you give some example data formats.
And maybe show us what you are trying to do with them?

Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site