[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 43, Issue 36

chinni srikanth007m at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:39:12 CEST 2007

Hi,
Thanx for Responding for the Query.
The actual Output what i want is my python script has to change the version
number(degrade) in plist file.and automatically change the time to 25 hrs
more from present time cause my product will check for updates for every
25hrs.
But u all told that cronjob and at inbuilt features of UNIX but every time
ihave to manually go and change the version.i can't so that's why i want to
write a script for this

1.open the app
2.degrade the version automatically to least version
3.change the time to 25hrs more
4.check for updates(1.force Update and silent update)
5.the whole procedure is for admin and non-admin users

can i implement this by using both python and shell scripting.if possible
give the reference book for quick learn.

--
Best Regards,
M.Srikanth Kumar,