[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 43, Issue 36

Tom Tucker tktucker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:06:28 CEST 2007

Comments below.

On 9/12/07, chinni <srikanth007m at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanx for Responding for the Query.
> The actual Output what i want is my python script has to change the
> version number(degrade) in plist file.and automatically change the time to
> 25 hrs more from present time cause my product will check for updates for
> every 25hrs.
> But u all told that cronjob and at inbuilt features of UNIX but every time
> ihave to manually go and change the version.i can't so that's why i want
> to write a script for this
>
> 1.open the app

   2.degrade the version automatically to least version
What is the manual process for this task?  More info is need here.  Is plist
a text file?

3.change the time to 25hrs more

Are we changing the system time 25 hours ahead, changing a time variable in
the script, or flag/timestamp in the plist file?

4.check for updates(1.force Update and silent update)

This is achievable with a system call.

5.the whole procedure is for admin and non-admin users

We change the unix file permission to restrict which user and groups are
allowed access to the file.

can i implement this by using both python and shell scripting.if possible
> give the reference book for quick learn.

>From what we know so far, yes.  Please share what you have coded so far.

Message: 2