[Tutor] Image Analysis

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Thu Sep 13 01:01:05 CEST 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007, Kent Johnson wrote:
>Bill Campbell wrote:
>> Most mailing lists limit the size
>> of messages to 40k or less.
>
>On this list large messages go to moderation. I think I was so
>captivated with the images that I forgot about the size. A better way to
>present this would be to put the images on a web site and reference them
>from email.
>
>Sorry about that...

I've done the same thing on occassion on lists I manage :-).

One of the things I really like about the IMP webmail package is
that it makes it easy for people to provide links to attachments
rather than sending the files.  It automatically copies the files
to the web server, adding the links to the bottom of the message.

I don't generally like web e-mail interfaces, but do use IMP when
dealing with large attachment.

Bill

I don't make jokes, I just watch the Government and report the facts...
    Will Rogers