[Tutor] How can I extend my vocabulary that fits well with python.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 14 09:46:46 CEST 2007

"Lamonte Harris" <pyth0nc0d3r at gmail.com> wrote

> See theres a lot of words that I know and some that I don't know,
> how can I
> extend and improve my python vocabulary so I can interpret
> information in a
> faster manor.  Makes things easier to understand if you actually
> understand
> the things the people are saying in tutorials,etc..

It might help if you give examples of words you don't understand.
In fact just posting to this list asking about any such word will
usually
get you an answer. Or try Wikipedia.

However if you are referring to the jargon of programming, things
like "source code", "compiling", etc then you may find the
introductory
section of my tutorial useful. I try to explain all jargon the first
time
I use it... And one of my aims was to ensure the student was
introduced to the kind of language they would encounter on the 'net.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site