[Tutor] vi and python

wormwood_3 wormwood_3 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 05:58:21 CEST 2007

Hello,

I go back and forth between SPE and VIM for Python myself. As for Python support in VIM, you can use most editions of VIM as a plain text editor, and it is fine for Python. But, if you install vim-python (http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=20183), you get some nice added features such as syntax highlighting, code completion, etc. Sort of like a basic IDE all in VIM! Not sure how you have vim installed. On Ubuntu for example, I just do "sudo apt-get install vim-full", and I get all the variants, including vim-python.

Other handy things:
 * pydiction: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=850
 * python.vim: http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=30

Best of luck!