[Tutor] writing the correct map names

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 15 10:27:03 CEST 2007

"Paul Coones" <paulcoones at comcast.net> wrote

> #if faceUV = 0:
>
> texture_map = "NULL.TIF"
>
> if me.hasVertexUV():
> print "must be a texture map!"
> texture_map = current_obj.name
> texture_map = texture_map + ".TIF"

etc/...

> When I do have a mapped object, the script is not putting in the map
> name nor the bump map name.
> What am I missing? The python script is for the 3D graphics program
> Blender, which is free.

Paul,

This is a list for beginners to Python. Many are also beginners to
programming. Don't assume that anyone else will know anything
about Blender or texture maps orr anything else specific to your
problem. (There may be a few members who will know, but you
limit the audience dramatically by doing that)

Instead either:
1) Explain the context in simple terms and what you want to do,
preferably along with the simplest possible example you can find.
2) Try posting on a Blender list where there will be a much higher
proportion of folks who understand what you are saying.

or do both! :-)

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld