[Tutor] [tutor] Reading/Writing Ascii text file

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 18 09:38:49 CEST 2007

"Varsha Purohit" <varsha.purohit at gmail.com> wrote

>      I wanted a link or tutorial to help me understand how to read
> or write
> ascii text file in python. with and without using Numpy. If you have
> any
> example that would also help me understand better.

Almost any tutorial will show you how to read/write an ascii file.
Numpy is fairly irrelevant, you just need to convert the data into
a strong before writing (or from a string when reading).

Look at the beginners pages on python.org for a list of tutorials.

Or just go to the Handling Files topic in mine...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site