[Tutor] Threading in Python

Michael Langford mlangford.cs03 at gtalumni.org
Thu Sep 20 07:10:01 CEST 2007

Python has no way to force the OS to schedule a process on a given processor
(therefore you're safe). If you use multiple processes, you can get true
concurrency. This is one of the reasons process based concurrency is
superior to threads (*ducks from items thrown by threadophiles*).

Then again, you don't have a shared memory space, so get used to using
pickle if you don't have another text protocol to send data back and forth.

     --Michael

--
Michael Langford
Phone: 404-386-0495