[Tutor] CGI File Woes

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 30 18:26:17 CEST 2007

"wormwood_3" <wormwood_3 at yahoo.com> wrote

> I had not heard of it until this week when I started working on
> CGI stuff, but I have found it super handy! All you have to do
> it "import cgitb; cgitb.enable()" and all tracebacks will get
> printed to nicely formatted HTML output on the page you
> were trying to load.

Ok, Heres a thought.

try forcing an error after opening the file.
See what the traceback says. You can add a message
string to an exception so that it will print...

class LogError(Exception): pass

raise LogError, "Any old text here"

So you force the cgitb to kick in and print the mesage you
specify, use it like a print statement to debug whats happening...

Its a bit laborious but better than nothing!

See if that helps

Alan G