[Tutor] Which Python Script Editor of Choice?

bob gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Thu Apr 3 18:03:00 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Dates wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So as I'm starting to get into writing some scripts, I'm looking for
> recommendations for a nifty script editor.  Ideally a
> freeware/shareware solution until I can justify a purchase of
> something more beefy.

I use Python for Windows and really like it. It is free.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

> Currently I'm using PSPad, however it's pretty dumb and doesn't
> recognize Python context.

I went to the PSPad site, but found no way to download the editor. Am I
missing something?

> My run time environment is IDLE.

It is more accurate to say "My development environment is IDLE." The
underlying Python interpreter is the runtime.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239 Chapel Hill, NC