[Tutor] Don't miss "Python-by-example - new online guide to Python Standard Library"

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Apr 4 17:48:11 CEST 2008

linuxian iandsd wrote:
> well, good to see something like this comming ... i used to browse for hours
> to find nothing but long long documentation & not a single real life
> example... but i guess its because i m used to the old  'howto'  way of
> ducumentation ...

It's one of those things; people learn in different ways. Some people
prefer dry reference guides; others like the cookbook approach (I do
myself). Still others want a complete worked example. And so on.

For me, documentation in its many forms is a *vital* part of any
software project, especially Open Source stuff. The more people
who put together coherent examples, articles, hints, tips etc.,
the better for the rest of the community.

TJG