[Tutor] glade integration

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:48:32 CEST 2008

Michael Miesner wrote:
> Hi-
> I am totally new to python and I cant figure out how to integrate a
> glade file into a python file. Is it as simple as referencing the
> glade file, or must the XML code from the glade file be copied in?
> Sorry to ask such a basic question.
XML is how glade stores its formatting internally.  You have to use
glade to generate the python code.  Look for instructions on the glade
website on how to do this.
You'll end up with wxPython code.  Just make sure you have wxPython
installed, and then fill in the blank spots it tells you to in the
generated code.
-Luke