[Tutor] Doubts about Pylint

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Wed Apr 9 18:43:13 CEST 2008

I'd never used Pylint until yesterday, when I discovered that Ulipad
had a Pylint plugin that enabled me to run Pylint on scripts within
Ulipad. But I'm wondering about some of the results. I noticed that
it was complaining that my variable names violated convention. Here's
an image of running Pylint on a script with only 7 lines:

Since when is 'az' a bad variable name? And 'AZ' is OK?

And I tried Pylint on an official Python module file, calendar.py.
Look what I got when all the checkboxes are
checked!!: <http://www.rcblue.com/Ulipad/PyLintOnCalendar.py.jpg>

Dick Moores

UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/