[Tutor] Conventions for code snippets for debugging and testing?

Robert Kirkpatrick robertk at bcgsc.ca
Thu Apr 10 22:34:27 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Just wondering if there are any basic conventions for including code
snippets that are for testing / debugging only?

For example, you could set a boolean variable called DEBUG, then have
snippets of code like:

if DEBUG:
    do stuff
else:
    do otherstuff

The use case I'm dealing with right now is to query the SVN commits for a
weekly period and report on each user for that time period.  If I'm testing
though, I only want to cycle through a few users, not all of them.

I'm thinking there has to be something slicker than that but maybe not...

Thoughts?

Rob