[Tutor] Python, CGI and CSS

Eric Walstad eric at ericwalstad.com
Thu Apr 10 23:11:22 CEST 2008

Hey Alex,
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Alex Krycek <agent.krycek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I'm sorry, I never actually managed to get any stylesheets to work with my
> cgi scripts. The scripts that did work are just simple HTML. I'm using
> Apache 2.2.8 on a Mac OS X 10.4.11 system.
If I understand your problem, you are expecting to see your stylesheet
loaded but that is not happening.  If that's what you want to fix,
then I suggest you fix it in as simple a test case as possible.  Try
browsing directly to the css file with your web browser.  When you
have your web server configured correctly you should see the contents
of your css displayed in the web browser.  If you can't view your css
file in your browser, then send us the apache log file line that shows
the failed GET request and we can go from there.

Keep the scripting and cgi stuff out of the equation until you get this working.
Also, reread the apache FAQ.